Wednesday 30 January 2019

Reflection and Third Self Portrait


This crit involved discussing my own ideas for current projects and what I am considering for the future of my practice. So far, I am looking at American Psycho and responding to it in a ‘Folio Society’ kind of way although this may change. In a one to one tutorial last week it was discussed that I could probably look into my other favourite books and note how they reflect on society, possibly becoming a publication or zine. In the future of my practice I want to be able to make some kind of living from my work. My work isn’t classified as applied illustration and I don’t intend it to be so am going to hopefully make a living by working on briefs for editorial, or just selling my prints whenever I can.

My ambitions for my portfolio so far will be screen and digital prints of my editorial responses from both final and second year. As well as this I hope to include some of my character design which I am currently in the process of producing this year with my pumpkin man and characters from literature.

It has been noticed that my screen prints have been really successful and I have strong character design. However, I may need to consider the layout of my work. Rather than one big image, would it be more suited to make more small images as a collection (especially the work for the ‘YouOkHun’ zine) which I’m going to develop further. As well as looking further into my idea for the literature/society work where I am currently looking at American Psycho but intend to move onto other books.



No comments:

Post a Comment