Wednesday 22 February 2017

GIF Artist

Jack Sachs

Jack Sachs work always amazes me.
What the hell is going on?
He uses a kind of 3D rendering software to create his work which has been a massive part of his work. He began creating illustrations which he has developed further by making GIFs and even longer animations.

I like this piece in particular because of the character design.

What is this creature?

The image making process must have involved a lot of frames to make the character walk in such a smooth fashion.

There's no other artist that has work even slightly comparable to that of Jack Sachs.

I have been interested in his work for a while so I saw this as a great opportunity to analyse and explore his work further. 

This piece is appealing to me because of the high contrast of the character with the checkerboard background floor. It confuses my eyes.

Where am I supposed to look?

It makes no sense what so ever and I love it.

Similar to my own work it has a humorous approach, nothing is taken seriously. 

I'm also interested in how in his more recent work he has started to use the 3D rendering software with real life backgrounds where he has filmed or taken a photograph of a place and added his characters and objects into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment