Sunday 10 March 2019

BRIEF CHANGE AGAIN

When reflecting on my new brief idea and having another look at my 'fave books' list, I decided it might be too much to take on. I would rather focus closely on Frankenstein for the remainder of the module. 

I plan on focusing solely on the monster and how he is portrayed throughout the book. As well as looking at how his personality alters as he becomes more isolated and neglected. I hope to be able to portray this visually through use of colour, tone and the expressions of the monster. ALTHOUGH, I would like to have a hint of innocence seen in the monster throughout. 

The prints will be put together in a publication alongside quotes from the book. The chosen quotes will show the audience how the monster is portrayed negatively throughout the book. The prints on the next/opposite page will show how unnecessarily cruel Victor Frankenstein is. There will be a few moments in the publication that show the monster's vulnerability to emphasise this more. 

Frankenstein has been visualised many times in the past and I look forward to have my own take on it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment