Friday 1 March 2019

Reflection and Fourth Self Portrait


At the moment my practice feels quite settled. I am proud of the work that I’m currently achieving and have a strong idea of where it will be heading. This final small crit has allowed me to reflect on what I am currently producing and how this will come together for the degree show (stress).

Overall, my work has developed when considering the strength of my screen prints. Even in the past few months I’ve noticed positive changes in the speed of production and the cleanliness of the print. My digital work always seems to be an ongoing improvement. Some designs look stronger than others depending on their complexity. I’ve noticed that the more complex hand drawn pieces don’t look strong when I alter them on photoshop. However, I plan on continuously working on this as it’s way more efficient than screen printing all the time. I have considered looking back at American Psycho slightly since starting Frankenstein and making more scenic responses to the book. This is all depends on the time I have and my own motivation.

My current portfolio represents the type of work I want to be commissioned for. Although, I think once I place my pumpkin (or devil) character into a small comic like sequence, this might redirect where I’m heading. I just see this as opening more doors for myself as I want to be freelance.

It has been suggested that I possibly look into making ceramic versions of the characters I’ve currently made (although it seems impossible to get an induction). As well as possibly making the horror characters into a colouring book which I may consider in later development.



No comments:

Post a Comment