Wednesday 5 October 2016

Plant Drawing



My first plant drawing became too complex as the positioning of the leaves became confusing. I improved the next drawing by using a thicker brush to simplify the image although it became too simple meaning I had to find the correct balance between the two.





I enjoyed drawing the new plant because it had a lot more interesting features that I could simplify or make more complex. The second painting could be improved by layering the ink to make it slightly more complex by adding light and shade.


Peer Crit 





When looking at other peer's work the pieces that stood out to me where the pieces that have been created with a thicker brush and fast strokes because I believe it suits the plant theme a lot better because of the amount of leaves/pollen etc can become too confusing when trying to make it complex.


This is my personal favourite piece of peer work because of the person has clearly understood the way that the ink works and the flow it has when using a thicker brush to create gestural strokes with minimal added detail.






No comments:

Post a Comment