Wednesday 26 October 2016

Typology Poster

Brief


Typology - variation on a theme (British trees etc)


Working towards a poster that explains 'How to...' do something in 24 ways using only analog media and optional labelled ideas on the final design on A2 sized paper.


100 Ideas Bang


Generate at least 100 ideas that can be narrowed down to 24 for the final piece.

Fairly easy start off with basic ideas such as using a dryer or hanging them out. However, coming up with new ideas is proving difficult and I'm struggling to get to 100.

Asking people seems to help as well as sticking a note up on the door of my flat where people can write their own ideas that I could use.

I have worked out that taking one idea and expanding on it helps to develop more ideas faster such as fire which can be made quickly with ink.




Although the final pice will need to be altered to make it monochrome which may cause issues because the fire may blend into the objects.


Final Ideas




Working out the layout for my piece has proven difficult because others seem to have amazing ideas for their layouts due to their given 'How To' but the theme I have chosen has limited me with ideas.

I am planning on sticking with the 6x4 grid method to make sure everything fits into place.





Using my sketchbook has allowed me to try out different mediums to make sure the orange ink stands out against the orange objects.

I have experimented with multiple different mediums but have been struggling to find the right tone and line quality. 

For the final design I settled with the dark orange pencil because I prefer the quality and roughness in the line of the object with the orange ink layered over it.


I enjoy my final design because it is well laid out which stops the orange fire from becoming confusing.

If I were to make this poster again I would possibly choose a more satirical approach towards the theme and stick to one medium that could make a more three dimensional approach to the work. 













No comments:

Post a Comment