Wednesday 16 November 2016

Shape and Texture

Brief

  • Create 5 drawings of your favourite fruit using A5 paper using only one colour and black whilst concentrating on shape and texture to give the piece character.
  • Consider simplification, reduction and minimal approach.
  • Think about different shapes, edges and viewpoints of the fruit when creating the drawings.

Roughs



Looking into images of a pear on google I began to look at the different viewpoints and colours of pears. Including when they're cut in half to capture the seeds in the centre.
Perhaps I could add more than one colour to the pears for the cut in half pieces to show the skin around the edges as well as the internal part.
Would this make the design look more pear like?
Next I will begin to create the A4 sized pear drawings making them as simplistic as possible.

Final Five



In these 2 designs I have considered the use of analogue mediums and how a more textured approach can be created when using them although when thinking of shape I want to keep the pieces as minimal as possible.
For the next pieces I intend to concentrate on craft more to make the drawings more flat by using different materials.




I enjoy the piece with the pear cut in half as it slightly breaks the rules of using one colour and black but also the tissue paper has formed its own texture when I have glued it onto the paper.
Could this piece possibly be improved by adding a third colour to create the thin skin of the pear?
Or possibly create the outline of the skin and adding the seeds and stem onto the white background?
If I did this task again I would research further into different view points of a pear and try capture its character still using a crafting method and thinking further into the production of the piece by creating more roughs before the final designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment